Thursday, May 15, 2014

Why is This so Difficult?

Hi Juliana,
Thank you for sending me out into the rain! Truly, I am grateful. You found the perfect motivator for me - Take a Picture!

I walked 23.5 minutes today. I also got a draft of one of the newsletters done before I went for my walk.
I'm on a roll!

There is a park behind my house. At one end of the park up hill from my house, I get a view of COP. Right now we are watching the snow melt
from it daily.

It also has an excellent view of the John Laurie Blvd. and 53 street intersection as you can see. We also get the COP view from the house, but not the intersection.


At the other end of the park (there is a big circle path), I get a view of downtown Calgary. 

How about that sky eh?
You can see we have some excellent facilities here. It would be a great place to raise kids. I appreciate this park being literally right outside my back door. 


However, once around the circle only takes 10 minutes. 



So, I have to go off into the neighborhood to get the next 10 minutes. 
I spent enough time walking with my timer this winter that I know how long each loop is and can walk according to what time I feel I can take away from my desk right now. 
Because I included the park today and it's raining rather hard intermittently, I took the short loop that takes me past this enormous house.


 
 Seriously, it makes me want to make a racist joke. How many _____ can you put in one house?
But I suppose the real question is how big can you stand to let your environmental footprint get? 

Huh, a walk and a preach! How satisfying is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love feedback.